Free Online Access Meducation is taking over the world of emergency medicine, but is particularly handy in times when you need quick answers while doing your notes in your EMR or examining a patient in the hospital bed or trolley.
Below is a list of the most commonly used sites to enhance your decision making at the bedside
Our list for success:
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- Bugs and Drugs is changing the way we prescribe antibiotics. No need to grab your phone, simply open this page and go from there.
- Looking for the most extensive ECG library? Visit these guys and learn as you go.
- Clinical Tools for managing PE, DVT, AF and bleeding on anticoagulation. Excellent and up-to-date guidelines for a variety of thrombus associated problems.
- Emergency Medicine
- The guys from WikEM summarized Emergency Medicine in a easy to use website that is updated as new evidence presents itself.
- The BC Emergency Network is coming out with some extensive clinical resources to improve your diagnostic and clinical skills at the bedside. Collaborate with others in Emergency Medicine through a unique and user friendly interface.
- Emergency Medicine Cases are filled with fantastic content to learn and improve your skills around common Emergency Medicine Topics. Lead by Dr Anton Helman, Emergency Medicine Cases brings EM to live like never before.
- EMRAP is a paid site that can be used to acquire CME Credits and brings together podcasts and interactive learning to enhance the user experience. Use it to study for the CCFP EM examination or simply to improve your skills in the ED.
- The guys from Orthobullets makes Orthopaedics a little easier with their bullet format. Manage fractures and other common orthopedic problems with confidence.
- Wheeless Orthopedics presented by Duke Orthopedics is another great resource for dealing with Orthopedic Problems.
- ALIEM developed a quick overview of splints used in the ER to splint specific fractures.
- Point of Care Ultrasound
- Point of care Ultrasound is becoming a big theme in Emergency Medicine and beyond. Learn all about it with videos.
- The guys at MyEMSolution summarized the BC Children’s Toolkit in a simple to use page, called The Paeds Corner. IN Ketamine, IN Fentanyl, Anaphylaxis, Bronchiolitis and a lot more all in one page.
- TREKK is an amazing resource for dealing with sick children in the ER. Again, Dr Anton Helman and friends brings to live one of the most extraordinary websites to help you manage sick children with confidence.
- Through the Divisions of Family Practice we can now access Up -To-Date from our computers in the office.
Please send us your links (in the contact us section on the right) and lets make each others lives easier when navigating our way around the world wide web.